Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NEH Grant!



I won a National Endowment for the Humanities grant! Really—it’s not an April Fool’s joke. I wish I could say that I won it for my writing. But I didn’t. Instead, it’s for teaching. I applied for a Picturing America grant. It’s an attempt by the NEH to encourage students to understand American art history and its implications to American history, sociology, culture, etc. The most awesome thing is that I received dozens of 4 foot by 2 foot museum quality laminated reproductions of American art. And it comes with a teacher’s manual detailing the history of the artist and his/her interactions with the culture. I hope to teach the class this summer. Can you tell I’m excited?!


Here's another photo.

6 comments:

  1. I never knew there was any good American art. Well, I guess by the end of the summer, I'll know all about it.

    ~Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's quite the award. What are you going to do with all the art? You already have that Water-Color Painting above your fireplace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty impressive! Congratulations! Where will you be teaching the class?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really class!

    Grace Duke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I think it's an awesome award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom Keller says: I'm impressed. Did you get any Andrew Wyeth paintings?

    ReplyDelete